A Handy 4G Wi-Fi Multifunctional Router
We barely not write a lot of hardware reviews, as our main topics are website, SEO and marketing based – but in this particular situation we like to give our customers and users a quick review, additional advice.
We recently bought a TP-Link portable 3G/4G Wireless N Router – the model is TL-MR3020. The circumstances we are having here on our location (Koh Samui), whenever there is an power cut, or the fiber network is interrupted, we are not able to use – sadly – the internet until it’s fixed. So we bought a kind of solution, to cover this situation.
The requirements was, having something in hand, can access to our LAN used as a router, having the possibility to use the mobile network (in our case with an USB 3G/4G Modem – we get into it later) and having also a Wi-Fi set up.
We found the TP-Link TL-MR3020 quite inexpensive and gave it a try. Bought on TP-Link’s Lazada’s Official Store and it arrived some days later.
Unpacked as it arrived, plugged in and started to set-up as per Quick Start Guide. Changed the “internal location” – Eh voilà! Done.
Easy set-up and quick install – great. We used it primary as access point. But the possibility to use it as a router with an USB Modem would be possible too.
- Plug in 3G/4G USB modem to share your Wi-Fi connections, the compatibility is assured via years of field tests
- Portable and elegant, providing carry-on wireless connections for business travel and family trips
- 300 Mbps Wi-Fi speeds meet your daily internet needs
- One button switches from 3G/4G, AP and WISP modes, for access internet everywhere
- Power via your laptop’s USB port, a USB power adapter or a smartphone charger
- 3G/4G and WAN fail-over backup strategy ensures TL-MR3020 provides a sustained internet connection
The specifications / datasheet You will find here as PDF.
Whoever need a quick solution in case of the situation, when the internet isn’t working, having this TL-MR3020 with an USB Modem will benefit yourself to get internet access, or using it as an extender to your network.
Huawei E3372 150Mbps 4G/LTE air card
In addition to the TL-MR3020 router, we advise to get an USB air card. True-Online respectively True-Move and AIS are providing this kind of air cards, but You also be able to buy it online at Shopee or Lazada.
If You need more advices or if You have any questions, let us know!